Rarity system explained
There are four different generations of NFTs:
- Primordial: There are only around 50 primordial NFTs, these are the original 1/1 pieces that were used to generate all the rest of the collection. Moreover, these NFTs might also contain some exclusive assets that don’t appear anywhere else in the collection. The primordial NFTs are the rarest, and they give the most utility. Most of the primordial NFTs will be airdropped to holders in giveaways. Some of them will be held in a community fund, and finally a small number will be given to advisors and ambassadors.
- Genesis: The genesis collection is comprised of 513 NFTs. These are the original NFTs first minted. These NFTs bring the most in-game utility after the primordial ones. This collection is already soldout, and you can find it on the secondary market here.
- Phase 1: The phase 1 collection is our upcoming mint. The number of NFTs in this collection, their mint price and mint date have not been announced yet. However there will be more than 500 pieces. Naturally, the utility of these NFTs will come second to the Genesis collection.
- Phase 2: The phase 2 collection will be released a bit later. Once we have advanced more in development of the game, and have the alpha version ready. This collection will have the lowest utility, but it will still play a very important role in our game.
The rarity system
This section concerns Primordial, Genesis and Phase 1 NFTs. The Phase 2 NFTs will have a different rarity system.
There are three types of rarity, common, rare, and legendary. An NFT is considered to be rare if at least one of its traits is rare. Similarly it will be considered legendary if at least one of its traits is legendary. If it has no legendary or rare traits, then it is considered common.
The gems on the frame of the NFT determine its rarity: Green for common, blue for rare, and purple for legendary.
The list of legendary traits is as follow:
- Armor: Golden knight, Dragon slayer
- Pauldrons: Golden knight, Dragon slayer
- Headgear: Golden knight, Dragon slayer
- Shield: Golden knight
- Weapon: Golden knight sword, Dragon slayer axe
The list of rare traits is:
- Armor: Moon cultist, Djin lord, Beastman eagle, Sun warrior, King, Faceless
- Pauldrons: Djin lord, Sun warrior, King,Faceless
- Headgear: Moon cultist, Beastman eagle, Sun warrior, King, Faceless
- Necklace: King
- Weapon: Moon cultist incense, Djin lord hammer, Beastman eagle spear, Sun warrior sword, King scepter, Faceless pendant
- Back: Throne, Moon magic
What about the races?
There are nine races in 9tales, and some races have subraces (beastman and elementals). Some races are rarer than others, humans are the least rare and angels are the rarest.
The different races will offer different utility in special upcoming events. This utility is not tied to the NFT rarity explained in the previous section.
We have partnered with Rarity sniper to offer a precise rarity ranking for our NFTs.
You can have an overview of the utility of our NFTs here, in the near future we will write more articles announcing airdrops and exciting events around the 9tales NFTs.
Utility of the rarity
The difference in rarity will influence the quality of airdrops you get and also the amount of boosted earning each player will have.
For instance, a legendary primordial will get a much larger NIT airdrop than a common phase 2 NFT. Same thing for our chests airdrops. The exact percentage difference for different generations and rarities will be announced before each airdrop. But in general drops for Genesis NFTs will contain 5x more rewards than Phase 1 holders which in turn will contain 3x more rewards than Phase 2 NFTs. The rarity of the items in the chest rewards will be influenced by the rarity of the NFT.
This difference in utility will be carried over to our in-game boosts. We stated in our NFT benefits article that In-game token and card drop earnings boost of roughly 10x for every Genesis NFT and 4x for every Phase 1 NFT you hold. This is the number for common NFTs, there will be a multiplicative factor of 10 for legendary NFTs and 3 for rare NFTs.
For instance, holding a rare Genesis NFT will boost your earning by a factor of 30x. Primordial NFTs will have a 50x base multiplication factor.
All these number are subject to change during our open beta, we might make them higher or lower them a bit in order to keep the game healthy. But as a general rule our NFT holders will be massively rewarded in our play&earn ecosystem.